It is coming to that time of year when I need to restock a bunch of stuff, such as but not limited to:
- Drawers for the household
- Socks for the household
- 1/2 pairs of pants. Not leggings but other pants.
- Night time moisturizer.
- Skin serum (I like vit c/hyaluranic acid ones, we’ll talk about that later)
- Pillows for self and partner
- Underpants for partner
- Various website costs
Stuff I need but not for survival:
- New mid weight coat, preferably hooded, rain resistent and not wool. Longer than booty length.
- Basic wardrobe shit, tees, cardigans, tanks.
- Few more multi season dresses.
- Three bras, two regular one sports so I can get my fitness on without pulling a titty.
- More leggings, printed ones.
- ONe or two pairs of platform shoes.
Stuff that I’m just going to HAVE to get probably sooner than later:
- New higher end phone. I have a low end smart phone that isn’t very old but is on the verge of death.
- A tablet for writing on the go.
- Some stuff with my teeth is gonna be about 1K in total.
Currently between my Amazon affiliate, Patreon and bit of other stuff I’ve got our regular stuff pretty well covered, including Uniballer’s medication, but I haven’t been able to get traction to feel okay spending on the other necessary stuff.
I made an error in calculating and had myself a good panic attack the other day.
Then I redid it and had one of those woke poor folks moments where I realized such a relatively small amount could set us ahead enough to live comfortably, I just sort of had to shake my head.
I went a step further and added up a slightly larger amount and y’all, being a poor person and trying to better yourself with two pennies when you need a dollar is such a terrible thing. I’m trying really hard not to be discouraged. I already feel fairly ground down, worn out. I’m still doing my arty shit, but, it feels terrible.
Yes, I could try a fundraiser but, those make me feel kinda terrible. I will likely reopen my teespring shop and try some other stuff.
There’s no conclusion here, just some real shit.
Being poor is terrible and so stessful.
If you are having this problem right now, I feel you. And I see you. We’ll make it.