If you’ve been here a minute, y’all know I am not a cold weather person. I don’t fucks with winter. At. All.
My goal for this winter has been comfort, warmth and dry feet. If you know me, you also know I hate pants. Pants as in trousers and I especially loath jeans.
My staple wardrobe items have been as follows (affiliate links ahoy)
Fleece Tights. I buy the XL or 1X to make sure they fight my thighs and y’all. I have bought them on Ebay, at Walgreens, on Amazon. The best thing is, even though every pair I’ve ever owned the waistband fails, I’m wearing them under regular leggings so they can be too big and still serve their purpose.
My next staple are big ass tall socks. From my friends over at Sock Dreams the link is right to my glorious wish list. Let me tell you a story of how a company shows fatty solidarity. Many years ago when yours truly was a beginner fat activist blogger, I tried to do a little fat fashioning. One of the things I was obsessed with (then and now) was tall socks. Back then, I mostly bought those thin acrylic knee highs that were usually shitty quality and not warm. I bought a pair of supposed to be OTK socks from Sock Dreams and they were wee tiny. I wrote them a sad fatty letter and they promised they were working on it. A couple of years later, a fat friend was like YO LOOK. And y’all, Sock Dreams Delivered. Not only did they work to curate plus size socks WITH MEASUREMENTS but BUT Y’ALL. On many of their socks you can look at them on some lovely fatter legs.
Other retailers take notes, take copious notes. This is what it looks like when you are actively working on a plus size section. I will also say that everytime I buy I write them a nice note because they are also nice folks.
Also if you go have a looksy through my Amazon shop, I added stuff I like. I’m about that fleece tights, leggings and big tops/sweaters layered life right now. I added a ton of leggings and stuff too. Actually now that I look you’ll have to keep an eye on the shop because I apparently didn’t add as many as I thought I did. Whoops.
I’m SUPER into patterned leggings. Stripes, galaxy, Hamlet (yes I bought knock offs), mermaid. My secret is, I don’t give a hot fuck if somebody sees my big ole hams. Matter of fact, some of my outfits are fully intended to HIGHLIGHT my thighs in leggings because they are amazing.
And I’ve been wearing boots a lot. Of course.
Work in some low key cosplay.
I think I’ve FINALLY figured out how to stay warm AND enjoy my Winter Wardrobe.
Here are some half outfit pics:
I’ve even got myself some really cute Chelsea type boots I’ll do a full review on soon.
Some tips on buying leggings on the internet:
- Check and see if they are Asian sizes or not.
- When in doubt, read the reviews. READ THEM. Some of them are not helpful, but read them.
- If leggings are too tight in the waist, bust that elastic. Stretch it out until it pops.
- Noted high waists are often more forgiving around the belly.
- Don’t be afraid of your butt. Your butt is fine, your butt is great. Only worry (if you must worry) about whether or not your leggings are see thru in the crack.
- Don’t be afraid of your belly. Got a big ole belly? Got a double belly? Got a jiggly pot belly? It is fine. Your belly is great. Cover it or don’t as you please.
- If your pattern distorts over your parts, (belly, crotch, ass, whatever) it’s fine. Your body and your stretched out pattern are great.
- If your booty/other parts jiggle ENJOY THAT SHIT. I’ve been really appreciating my booty jiggle lately.
- Don’t pay a lot of money for leggings. I mean, even if the print is awesome, you can probably find the same or similar. Leggings quality can only vary so much and unless you MUST have the best digitally printed images on your ass, don’t worry about it.
- This is also an excellent and easy way to get some low key cosplay in.
Experiment. Keep your bottom warm. Feel comfy. Look cute AF.
What more do you need?